English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – Please Read The Precautions We Are Taking
Tour scheduled to run on blue dates.
One Day Yellowstone Air Tour (shorter version)
| ||We offer two versions of this one day Yellowstone tour from Salt Lake City. The shorter one you see on this page does not run as often as the longer one, and tours the main geyser basins and Old Faithful, on Yellowstone's lower loop.|
The longer one operates most days in the season, and also tours a part of Yellowstone's upper loop, including Norris Geyser Basin, Gibbon Falls, Mammoth Hot Springs, Roaring Mountain and the Roosevelt Arch.
Day 1 - Salt Lake City to Yellowstone - About 1.25 hours
| ||Our one day Yellowstone tour is an opportunity for you to take in the best that the world's first national park has to offer. This tour begins at the Salt Lake City International Airport, from where you will fly to Yellowstone. Your guide will be waiting for you when you land, and you will be inside the park literally within minutes of landing!|
Day 1 - Yellowstone - About 3 hours, 15 minutes
|The roads running through Yellowstone make up a massive figure of eight. The lower loop of the figure of eight comprises most of the thermal features (geysers, hot springs, mud pots and fumaroles) that are to be seen in Yellowstone, including, of course, Old Faithful! These are Yellowstone's main attractions, and this, plus wildlife, is what we will be focusing on today.|
We frequently get asked how often we stop inside Yellowstone. Basically we stop any time there is something to see or do, or any time there is a picture to be taken! This means that you spend a lot of time outside the vehicle, walking around, shooting images, and touring the various geyser basins and other sights on foot, rather than sitting in the vehicle all the time. Having said that, if you would rather stay closer to the vehicle, you can almost always see much of what there is to be seen without having to go too far. This tour does not involve any hiking, but rather walking around the great sights.
From West Yellowstone we'll follow the Madison River to Madison Junction. At Madison Junction we will turn right, or south, and travel along the Firehole River which runs through Yellowstone's thermal areas. The Firehole is famous amongst anglers for its pristine beauty and selection of brown, brook and rainbow trout. Depending on the time of the year, this area is often teeming with wildlife. With any luck you will see bison, elk, Trumpeter Swans and other animals and birds. A special treat in the spring is the baby bison calves.
|The first main thermal area we will be visiting is the Lower Geyser Basin, and Fountain Paint Pot. There is an extensive boardwalk system running around and through the Fountain Paint Pot area, and it is a great place to go for a stroll, if the bison haven't got there first! Apart from the paint pots, there is also a selection of other thermal features in the area, including a number of geysers, one or other of which almost always seems to be erupting.|
| ||The next stop is the Midway Geyser Basin, home to Grand Prismatic Spring - one of the largest anywhere in the world - plus Excelsior Geyser, now dormant, but discharging thousands of gallons of water every minute. There is also a boardwalk system through this Basin, and you will be able to explore all of it.|
Day 1 - Return to West Yellowstone - 32 mi / 51.49 km - About 1 hours, 15 minutes
|Depending on how long we spend at each location, other areas we may visit include Firehole Drive, Biscuit Basin, Fountain Flats and Black Sand Basin. |
We will now retrace our steps, traveling through the various geyser basins again, stopping on the way at Firehole Lake Drive, a less visited part of the park that is home to some great hot springs and geysers. Geysers that we hope to be able to show you erupting here include White Dome as well as a couple of very small geysers.
| ||Please be aware that park entry is not included on this tour, and you will need to pay it on arrival.|
Day 1 - Yellowstone to Salt Lake City - About 1 hours, 15 minutes
| ||After a fun day in the park, it is now time to go to the Yellowstone airport, for the flight back to the Salt Lake City airport, where your tour ends.|
Thanks for joining us!
| ||We regret that no cancellations or changes will be accepted, and no refunds will be given.|
|Tour ID ||1182|
Please note the following...
- Payment And Cancellation Details: CANCELLATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS TOUR. Changes will also not be accepted, and refunds will not be given. Please consider purchasing trip insurance as our cancellation policy is strictly enforced. The payment schedule is as follows: This tour has two air legs. The cost of the flights, plus half of the remaining balance will be charged any time from when you make the booking. The final balance will be charged 30 or fewer days from the tour date, at our discretion.
- The credit/debit card used must be in your name and must be present, so we can take an imprint. Please contact us if this is not possible. If the card is not in your name please let us know ahead of time, as our credit card authorization process will need to be completed.
- A purported or attempted cancellation will result in the entire amount being due, and being charged to your card immediately.
- The name on your credit card statement will be USA Park Tours.
- The days and dates this tour runs can be seen in the calendar at the top right of this page.
- This tour starts and ends at the Salt Lake City airport.
- We need a minimum of two people for this tour to depart. This is a total of two, and not two in your group.
- Please make sure you provide the full name of each person.
- The entry fee to Yellowstone is not included, and must be paid on arrival at the park.
- All times are approximate. We are not responsible for the consequences of any delays, and this itinerary may change without notice.
- The flights to and from Yellowstone are included.
- After ordering this tour please wait to receive a confirmation email from us before making any plans that are dependent on this tour.
- A sack lunch is included. You will have the opportunity to buy other meals.
- Portions of this tour may, at our discretion, be subcontracted to other reputable vendors.
- If you leave it too late to book this tour, the price may be higher, due to higher flight prices. We will always advise you ahead of time if this is the case and ask if you want to continue.
- We would rather you not bring checked luggage, but if you have to, please be aware that there are checked bag fees, which you will need to pay.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.