English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – Please Read The Precautions We Are Taking
Tour doesn't run this month.
Grand Canyon white water raft trip
Grand Canyon white water rafting
Day 1 - Las Vegas to Kingman - 277 mi / 445.69 km - About 1 hours, 45 minutes
|It's an early start this morning as we leave the bright lights of Vegas in the rear view mirror on the way out of town. You're on your way to the very bottom of the Grand Canyon! The route takes us past both Lake Mead and Hoover Dam, before traveling through the desert to the small Arizona town of Kingman. There will be a short stop there to enable you to grab a very quick bite to eat.|
Day 1 - Kingman to Peach Springs - 50 mi / 80.45 km - About 55 minutes
|We'll head north east out of Kingman, though deserted countryside, before crossing onto the Hualapai Reservation. You actually travel on legendary route 66, before reaching the small town of Peach Springs.|
Day 1 - Peach Springs to the Colorado River - About an hour
| ||We'll meet members of the Hualapai tribe at Peach Springs, and they'll introduce you to one of the Grand Canyon's best kept secrets - there is actually a road all the way down to the bottom of the Canyon! You will get onto a bus driven by one of the Hualapai for the descent into the Canyon, and the views are spectacular!|
Day 1 - Grand Canyon white water rafting - About 6 hours
| ||Now the fun starts! Your Hualapai river runner guides will be waiting for you at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. After being fitted out with life jackets you will climb onto your raft for the trip down the Colorado River. The raft is fitted with a motor, and you don't have to paddle.|
| ||The first rapid is just yards away from where you started, and you'll soon feel the exhilarating tingle of the white water splashing onto your face! You'll be shooting several class three and four rapids as you travel for 47 miles (75 kilometres) down the mighty Colorado, with the Grand Canyon towering for thousands of feet above you!|
| ||In between the fun of the rapids, your Hualapai river runner will pull over to the bank, for a short hike to Travertine Canyon and Travertine Falls. Refreshments and lunch are provided on the river.|
There is actually a lot of wildlife in the canyon. With any luck you may see a condor soaring far overhead, or big horn sheep on the cliffs, as well as wild burros and mustangs.
| ||The fun doesn't stop when the rafting finishes! At the end of the trip a helicopter will be waiting for you to fly you up to the top of the Grand Canyon. Please note that in the event of adverse weather conditions the helicopter may not be able to operate. If that happens you will continue down the river a little way, and then take a bus up to the West Rim. We regret there will be no refunds if this happens.|
Day 1 - Grand Canyon West Rim to Las Vegas - About 3 hours
|After a long but fun filled day, your original guide will take you from the West Rim back to Vegas, passing through the largest grove of Joshua trees in the world.|
Thanks for joining us!
|Tour ID ||1223|
Please note the following...
- The days and dates this tour runs can be seen in the calendar at the top right of this page.
- You will be required to sign a liability waiver.
- A minimum of five people may be required for a tour to depart. That is not five in your group, but a total of five.
- Portions of this tour are operated by sub contractors.
- All or parts of this tour may be cancelled as a result of weather, mechanical failure, or other factors beyond our control. If this happens the only amount we will refund is the cost of part(s) of the tour that is/are cancelled, or the total cost of the tour if the entire tour is cancelled.
- Entry to the Grand Canyon West Rim is included.
- Lunch and refreshments are provided.
- All times are approximate. We are not responsible for the consequences of any delays, and this itinerary may change without notice.
- After ordering this tour please wait to receive a confirmation email from us before making any plans that are dependent on this tour. The fact that you have ordered the tour does not necessarily mean we can fulfill the order.
- The price includes the services of a guide/driver.
- Depending on the number of guests the vehicle to be used may be any of the following: SUV, minivan, executive van (van with individual, high back, reclining seats) mini bus or coach.
- Payment And Cancellation Details: CANCELLATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS TOUR. Changes will also not be accepted, and refunds will not be given. Please consider purchasing trip insurance as our cancellation policy is strictly enforced. The payment schedule is as follows: Half of the total will be charged any time from when you make the booking. The other half will be charged 30 or fewer days from the tour date, at our discretion.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.