English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – Please Read The Precautions We Are Taking
Tour scheduled to run on blue dates.
One day Arches tour from Salt Lake City
||$295.00 per person|
All prices are in US currency.
|Highlights ||Numerous easy walks right up to the arches|
Spectacular scenery as far as the eye can see
Over 3000 arches, fins and spires!
Stroll between the fins at Park Avenue!
Small group tour
Scroll down for the tour itinerary, or click here.
Day 1 - Salt Lake City to Arches - 232 mi / 373.29 km - About 5 hours, 30 minutes
|Like all of our tours this is a small group trip. Our guides are very knowledgeable about the areas you travel through, as well as the geology, history, traditions and customs of the local people. Feel free to ask any and all questions! And as with all our tours, there are stops to take photos, admire the views and use the restroom. It is your tour - make yourself at home!|
You will be picked up at your downtown Salt Lake City hotel (also Park City in the ski season) for the trip along Interstate 15 to south eastern Utah. To the south of Provo we head east over Spanish Fork Canyon - a towering mountain pass - before dropping down the other side to an area where the outlaw Jesse James and his gang used to operate.
After passing through Helper and Price, we'll drive along the Book Cliffs. As we get closer to Arches National Park, southern Utah's spectacular rock formations start coming into view.
Day 1 - Arches National Park - About four hours
|Arches is a park that has the wow factor! Because it is not close to any major city, or freeway between two cities, it is not as well known as other national parks. It is, however, just a couple of miles outside Moab. You will be amazed at the assortment of arches, fins and spires inside the park. In fact, most of the world's natural arches are to be found here.|
If you would like to, you can spend a lot of time outside the vehicle, walking on trails and getting up close and personal with some of the arches and other rock formations. If you prefer not to do that you can also get a good view of just about everything by standing next to the vehicle.
The first stroll we like to do is down Park Avenue, with towering fins and slabs of rock everywhere you look. This is an easy, predominantly downhill walk, that should take 30 to 45 minutes.
| ||We will stop at Balanced Rock for photographs, and also drive up to Windows Arches, where you can take a comfortable walk all the way up to both of the windows. You can expect to see many other arches and rock formations while in the park, and we will stop often to take photographs and admire the views.|
Delicate Arch is Utah's state symbol, and the most famous arch of them all. There may not be enough time to hike up there but if you have the energy for a steep climb, we can take you to an overlook.
| ||We will continue our drive through the park, stopping to take pictures of arches and rock formations along the way, until we get to Devil's Garden. We'll take a walk through Devil's Garden, and make our way to at least one of the major arches to be found here.|
| ||After checking out many arches and rock formations, it is now time to leave the park and make our way back to Salt Lake.|
Day 1 - Arches to Salt Lake City - 232 mi / 373.29 km - About 4 hours
|The route heads north, traveling through the Utah desert, towards the small towns of Price and Helper, where we climb up over Spanish Fork Canyon. There is a long drop down the mountain on the other side, where we pick up the freeway to Salt Lake.|
Drop offs take place at downtown Salt Lake hotels. During the ski season we can also drop off at many Park City hotels.
|Tour ID ||1297|
Please note the following...
- The days and dates this tour runs can be seen in the calendar at the top right of this page.
- Pick ups and drop offs take place in the downtown Salt Lake City area. During the ski season Park City is also serviced.
- The tour last about 12 hours.
- The vehicles used are mini buses, mini vans, or vans with individual, high back, reclining seats.
- The Arches entry fee is included.
- A sack lunch is included.
- This tour may require a minimum of five people to operate.
- All times are approximate. We are not responsible for the consequences of any delays, and this itinerary may change without notice.
- Bad weather, dangerous conditions or factors beyond our control may result in the cancellation or postponement of this tour. Should this occur, the only amount we will refund is the actual cost of the tour, or the portion of the tour you miss.
- Payment And Cancellation Details: CANCELLATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS TOUR. Changes will also not be accepted, and refunds will not be given. Please consider purchasing trip insurance as our cancellation policy is strictly enforced. The payment schedule is as follows: Half of the total will be charged any time from when you make the booking. The other half will be charged 30 or fewer days from the tour date, at our discretion.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.