English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
連絡先 フリーダイヤル 1 800 724 7767 (米国) 435 658 2227 Eメール 米国・カナダ国外からの連絡先
Yellowstone One Day Air & Ground Tour
Please take a look at our new one day Yellowstone air tour.
Salt Lake City to Salt Lake City Airport
| ||You will be picked up at your Salt Lake City downtown or airport hotel, and be taken to the Salt Lake City airport. There you will hop onto your plane for the 80 minute flight up to Yellowstone.|
| ||Our driver/guide will pick you up at the tiny Yellowstone airport and whisk you off into Yellowstone National Park, less than 10 minutes away.|
Yellowstone National Park
|Your journey into one of the the world's most fascinating areas will begin at the park's west entrance. |
The roads running through Yellowstone make up a massive figure of eight (see the map to the left). The lower loop of the figure of eight comprises most of the thermal features, and main sights, that are to be seen in Yellowstone, including, of course, Old Faithful! That is the area we will be touring, plus we will also see Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone and Norris Geyser Basin, amongst many others.
From West Yellowstone we'll follow the Madison River to Madison Junction, where we'll turn right, or south. Depending on the time of the year, this area is often teeming with wildlife. With any luck you will see bison, elk, deer, Trumpeter Swans and other animals and birds. A special treat in the spring is the baby bison calves.
|The first main thermal area we will be visiting is the Lower Geyser Basin, and Fountain Paint Pots. There is a boardwalk system running around and through the Fountain Paint Pots area, and it is a great place to go for a stroll, if the bison haven't got there first! Apart from the paint pots, there is also a selection of other thermal features in the area, including a number of geysers, one or other of which almost always seems to be erupting.|
| ||The next stop is the Midway Geyser Basin, home to two of the largest hot springs to be found anywhere in the world, as well as Excelsior Geyser, now dormant, but discharging thousands of gallons of water every minute. The colors of Grand Prismatic Spring will wow you.|
|It is a short drive to the Upper Geyser Basin, home of Old Faithful, the world's best known and most reliable gusher. There is also so much more to the area than just Old Faithful. Old Faithful Inn, a wonderful old building - recently renovated - is located there, and a system of boardwalks will take you around the various other geysers in the area. We provide a sack lunch today, and you may like to enjoy it at Old Faithful.|
|The road from Old Faithful passes over the Continental Divide twice, on its way to West Thumb, a geyser basin right on the shores of the incredibly blue Yellowstone Lake.|
|Yellowstone Lake is off to the east as we make the trip up to Fishing Bridge. From there we head through the Hayden Valley, following the Yellowstone River, up to Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone.|
|The Hayden Valley is known for its wildlife, particularly large herds of bison at certain times of the year. It is also an excellent location to look for grizzly bears, especially in the spring and early summer when they may be preying on newborn bison and elk cubs. If there is time, there may also be the opportunity to view the Mud Volcano and Sulphur Caldron areas.|
The Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone is an unexpected treat amongst the thermal wonders. The Yellowstone River has carved an impressive canyon through the rocks, over which two falls drop. The Lower Falls is over twice the size of Niagara Falls! We'll check out the canyon and falls from at least two different locations. You get so close to the Upper Falls that you almost feel like you can reach out and touch the thundering water. Don't!
|From Canyon we will cut across the road that divides the upper from the lower loop, towards Norris Geyser Basin. Although not as well known as the other geyser basins, Norris is the most thermally active part of Yellowstone. It is divided into two separate areas: Porcelain Basin and Back Basin. You will have the opportunity to take a quick stroll around both, enjoying the pristine beauty. Back Basin is home to Steamboat Geyser, the highest geyser in the world.|
|It is now time to start making our way back to the West Yellowstone airport. From Norris we'll drop down the south west side of the park, back towards Madison Junction, where we will head west, towards West Yellowstone. With any luck there will be time to stop at a restaurant to enable you to buy a take out meal, if you like.|
You will be dropped off at the airport in time to make a 7 p.m. flight back to Salt Lake City, where our driver will be waiting to give you a ride to your airport or downtown hotel. Thanks for joining us!
|Tour ID ||1017|
- This tour is subject to a fuel surcharge.
- The entry fee to Yellowstone National Park is included
- A sack lunch is included, but no other meals
- The price includes the flights between Salt Lake & Yellowstone
- The tour runs every day during the season
- A total of a minimum of two people is required for a tour to depart (not two in your group)
- The price includes the services of a guide/driver & transportation
- Portions of this tour may, at our discretion, be sub contracted to other reputable vendors. This will in no way affect your safety, comfort or enjoyment, and there is no additional cost if this happens
- The tour itinerary may change at our discretion without notice. Factors that may cause a change include, but are not limited to, the weather, vendors and road conditions. If a group moves particularly slowly, some stops may be omitted.
- We reserve the right to cancel this tour in the event that we believe that weather conditions make any part of the flight too dangerous. Should this occur, you will be given a full refund.
- Your credit card will be charged in full once this tour is confirmed as definitely going
- You cannot bring checked luggage with you
- While times are subject to change, take off will be at approximately 8 a.m. and you will land back in Salt Lake at 8.20 p.m.
- The air part of this tour refers to the fact that you fly to the Yellowstone area. Any flight over the park is incidental.
- There may be times when the flight takes off from, & returns to, Salt Lake # 2 airport. You will be transported for free to & from that airport.
- There may be times when you will have to take the free hotel shuttle to and from the airport.
- Cancellation Policy: Once this tour has been booked we will send you a notification that we are booking the air portion of this tour. Once you reply to that email agreeing to that, we will not under any circumstances accept a cancellation of your tour booking. Please be aware that this cancellation policy is strictly enforced. We strongly urge you to purchase travel insurance. Please let us know if you need assistance obtaining travel insurance.
詳細につきましては、1 800 724 7767（米国内・カナダ国内）、（米国） 435 658 2227（米国外・カナダ国外から）までお電話いただくか、 Eメールでお問合せください。