English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT Toll free 1 800 724 7767 (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour From Los Angeles: Two Days
Tour scheduled to run on blue dates.
Day 1 - Los Angeles to Las Vegas bus - 275 mi / 442.48 km - About 6 hours, 15 minutes
|Please get yourself to one of the pick up locations in downtown Los Angeles. They are listed towards the bottom of this page.|
You will head east across Los Angeles, before picking up Interstate 15, and driving north across the San Bernardino mountains, and through the desert. As you drop down the hill into Vegas the casinos and mega hotels start coming into view. As you will notice from the itinerary, today's trip is unescorted. What this means is that there is no tour guide with you, only the bus driver.
| ||You will be dropped off at your hotel, or one that is next to it or across the road, and are free for the rest of the day and night, to explore the Strip and check out the lights and action.|
Day 1 - Resort fee
|As of early 2013, all Las Vegas Strip hotels started charging a resort fee, including those that never used to. This resort fee is a way that they make extra money. We cannot pay this resort fee in advance for you, AND YOU WILL NEED TO PAY IT YOURSELF ON CHECK IN. Please take this into account when making your plans.|
Day 1 - Spend extra time in Sin City!
| ||If you want to, you are welcome to extend your stay in Las Vegas by as many nights as you choose! This option can be ordered on check out. Please bear in mind that weekends, holidays and convention period nights are more expensive. The way that it works is that you would spend as many extra nights in Vegas as you want, and then continue the tour the following day.|
Day 2 - Early start today!
| ||The Grand Canyon helicopter tour generally takes off at about 7 a.m., which means a pick up at your hotel at about 5.30 a.m.|
Day 2 - Helicopter to the bottom of the Grand Canyon!
| ||A helicopter flight is really the best way to see the Grand Canyon, if you only have a short time to do so. This is especially true on a tour that flies beneath the rim, and lands right at the bottom of the Canyon! All seats provide a great view as you take off, soaring first over Lake Mead and Hoover Dam, before heading for the Grand Canyon, on a flight that lasts approximately half an hour.|
| ||As you near the Canyon you will enjoy spectacular vistas of the extinct volcanoes of the Black Mountains, before flying over Grapevine Mesa and then across the Grand Wash Cliffs, after which you enter the Canyon itself. The views are both beautiful and awe inspiring as you descend below the rims and fly between the Canyon walls. |
You will step back in time as you descend 4000 feet into the depths of the Grand Canyon, before landing next to the historic Colorado River.
Day 2 - Eat at the bottom of the Grand Canyon!
| ||You have half an hour to sit and enjoy a light meal served under an authentic Hualapai Indian shelter called a Ramada, before briefly exploring the pristine Hualapai tribal land. Take some pictures, stroll around, and enjoy the sensation of experiencing what so few people have done, before the half hour flight back to Vegas.|
Day 2 - Las Vegas to Los Angeles bus - 275 mi / 442.48 km - About 6 hours, 15 minutes
| ||As you will notice from the itinerary, today's trip is unescorted. What this means is that there is no tour guide on the bus, only the driver. |
The approximate arrival times and drop off areas in Los Angeles are:
8:00pm East Los Angeles:
(Located in Futura Travel office)
5201 E Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90022
8:30pm Downtown Los Angeles:
On the corner of 8th and Maple (with the entrance on the Maple side)
767 Maple Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90014
Day 2 - Save time! Fly to LA instead!
| ||Instead of taking a bus from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, you may prefer to fly. If you would rather go by plane, please order that option when you check out. If you do decide to fly rather than taking the bus, your tour will end at the Los Angeles airport.|
Please note that the price quoted for this option assumes that you book sufficiently far in advance. If you do not, or if it is a holiday, convention or other busy time in Vegas, the price may be higher. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are often $10 to $25 more expensive. We will always let you know ahead of time if that is the case, before charging your card. Note that we use an airline that does not charge a checked luggage fee.
|Available Options ||Surcharge for a Friday, Saturday or holiday night in Vegas (minimum two person charge per night): +$40.00|
Flight from Las Vegas to Los Angeles: +$88.00
|Extend Your Stay ||You have the option of extending your stay at certain locations during the tour.|
Las Vegas (weekends, holidays, big convention periods subject to a surcharge): +$75.00 per guest, per night
|Tour ID ||1282|
Please note the following...
- The days and dates this tour operates can be seen in the calendar at the top right of this page.
- The entry fee to the Grand Canyon is included.
- One night's accommodation is included at a minimum three star hotel on the famous Strip. If this falls over a weekend, convention or holiday period, a higher price may apply. Please advise if there will not be at least one person 21 or older in each room as only a few hotels in Vegas allow this.
- Prices are based on double occupancy. Single, triple and quad rates are also available and will be seen at check out. There are no taxes.
- As noted above, you will need to pay the Las Vegas hotel resort fee when you check in.
- All times are approximate. We are not responsible for the consequences of any delays, and this itinerary may change without notice.
- After ordering this tour please wait to receive a confirmation email from us before making any plans that are dependent on this tour.
- A light meal is included at the Grand Canyon.
- Portions of this tour are subcontracted to other reputable vendors.
- Tour departure details are: 7.20 a.m. Downtown Los Angeles: On the corner of 8th and Maple (with the entrance on the Maple side). 767 Maple Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90014
- 7.45 a.m. East Los Angeles: 5201 E Olympic Blvd (Futura Travel office). Los Angeles, CA 90022
- There are actually three departures during the day. If you do not let us know in the comments section which one you want, we will assume it is the first. The other two are: 1:00pm Downtown Los Angeles, CA ; and 1:30pm East Los Angeles, CA
- 6:30pm Downtown Los Angeles, CA; and 7:00pm East Los Angeles, CA
- The tour drops off at the places detailed above.
- Please note that in the winter months snow or other bad weather may result in tour itineraries being changed without notice, or even tours being canceled in extreme weather. Should a cancellation occur the only amount we will refund is the cost of the portion of the tour that is canceled, or a refund of the entire tour price if the tour itself is canceled.
- Payment And Cancellation Details: You may cancel this booking any time up until 45 days prior to the start of the tour, and you will get a full refund. After that time, we will not accept a cancellation and you will have to pay for the tour in full. Please consider purchasing trip insurance as our cancellation policy is strictly enforced, regardless of the reason for canceling. Half the cost of the tour will be charged to your card any time from 45 days prior to the start of the tour, and the balance will be charged any time from 10 days prior to the start of the tour.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.