English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT Toll free 1 800 724 7767 (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
Zion Overnight Tour From Las Vegas
There is a new and much better version of this tour!
Day 1 - Las Vegas to Zion National Park - 162 mi / 260.66 km - About 2 3/4 hours
|Our Zion overnight tour departs from Vegas on Fridays and Sundays. Please see the dates in the calendar at the top right of this page.|
Pick ups take place from the Las Vegas Strip at about 6.15 a.m. If there are enough people in the downtown area, we will also pick up at one central downtown location. Should you have to take a taxi or bus to meet us, we will reimburse you a maximum of $10 against the receipt.
Like almost all of our tours this is a small group trip. Our guides are very knowledgeable about the geology, customs, history and traditions of the areas on your tour – feel free to ask all and any questions. Please note that this is a partially unescorted tour. More details are provided below.
There are relatively frequent stops along the way, as we travel through three states. The route is picturesque in parts, and we will stop briefly in the Virgin River Gorge to take pictures. There will be a comfort stop at either the small southern Utah town of St. George, or the even smaller one of Hurricane.
Day 1 - Springdale
| ||The motel you are staying at is in the town of Springdale, which literally borders the park, and we will stop there very briefly to drop off your luggage, before heading into Zion.|
Day 1 - Zion - Rest of the day
| ||One of the beauties of Zion is the free shuttle system. It was introduced by the Park Service a few years ago to try and preserve the park's natural beauty, which was being spoiled by pollution, crowds, noise and the large number of cars in the park. Zion is Utah's most popular park, attracting more visitors than all the other parks put together, and the numbers were threatening to overwhelm the pristine beauty. |
What the Park Service did was close down the most popular road into Zion, where all the worst congestion was. This became off limits to everything except Park Service vehicles. They then established a dual shuttle system: one route picks up people in Springdale and takes them to the Visitor Center just inside Zion. The second departs from the Visitor Center, and travels through the park, into the area from which most vehicles are now banned. The end result is that you get to explore Zion in a much more natural fashion.
We will show you how to use the very simple shuttle system to get yourself around the park.
| ||Unlike so many of the other great parks we go to, to really appreciate Zion you need to spend some time exploring it, walking it and perhaps even doing some of the hikes.|
Our guide will explain to you how the shuttle system works, where to go, and the best places to see and visit in Zion. You will be dropped off at the Visitor Center, where the free shuttle service departs from. From now until tomorrow evening you are on your own to explore Zion.
We provide a sack lunch today, and you can take it with you as you set off to explore the park. We suggest you spend a bit of time at the Visitor Center before leaving, chatting to the rangers who can give you additional, more detailed, information about the park.
Zion is a great place to visit, but there are dangers as well, and you need to be aware of your environment. Discuss these with your guide and the rangers. Please make sure you have a good pair of walking shoes and carry lots of water. A walking stick, which you can get at the park, also comes in handy.
| ||There is also the opportunity of going horseback riding either today or tomorrow. You can either take a one hour ride along the Virgin River, or enjoy a half day ride which rises along the Sandbench Trail, giving a spectacular view of the southern part of Zion. |
While the times are subject to change, the one hour ride generally departs at 9.30 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 3.30 p.m.. The half day trip leaves at 9 a.m. and 1.30 p.m. Please note that there is a 220 pound (100 kg) weight limit. You must be at least seven years old for the one hour ride, and 10 for the half day ride.
At the end of the day you can take the shuttle back to your motel, or even walk there, if you still feel like some exercise. You are on your own for dinner.
Day 2 - Zion - All day
| ||There are many quaint little places to grab yourself some breakfast in Springdale before taking the free shuttle back into the park. You have the whole day to explore Zion, which is really a hiker's paradise.|
Chat to some of the locals, or the rangers, or do some research before you arrive, so you know where to go and which of the hikes to take. We are also happy to help you. Just email us and we can offer some suggestions.
Day 2 - Zion to Las Vegas - 162 mi / 260.66 km - About 2 3/4 hours
|Our guide will pick you up at your motel at about 7 p.m. for the trip back to Las Vegas. You will get back at about 9 p.m. Thank you for joining us!|
|Tour ID ||1097|
Please note the following...
- This tour is subject to a $1.00 per person fuel surcharge.
- This tour picks up and drops off on the Strip. If there are sufficient people staying downtown, we will pick up at a central downtown location as well. If you are staying elsewhere please keep your taxi or bus receipt. We will reimburse you a maximum of $10 towards the cost of your taxi or bus.
- There is a single surcharge of $50.00
- Pick ups take place at about 6.15 a.m.
- The arrival into Vegas on the second day will be at about 9 p.m.
- The tour runs on Fridays and Sundays. Please see the dates in the calendar at the top right of this page.
- All times are approximate. We are in no way responsible if late departures from a destination, or a late arrival into Las Vegas, result in your missing a show, a flight or other means of transportation.
- The vehicles we use are mini buses or vans with individual, high back, reclining seats.
- The entry fees to both parks are included
- One night's lodging is included
- Rate subject to lodging availability
- A sack lunch is included on the first day
- Hiking in the wilderness or back country of Zion can be dangerous. Please speak to the back country rangers, and thoroughly research what you are going to do.
- The tour itinerary may change at our discretion without notice.
- There is a 220 pound (100 kg) weight limit for the horseback riding. You must be at least seven years old for the one hour ride, and 10 for the half day ride.
- Should any activity, event or destination be omitted the only amount we will be refunding is the actual cost to us of that item. We will not in any way be liable for any other amounts.
- Bad weather, dangerous conditions or factors beyond our control may result in the cancellation or postponement of this tour. Should this occur, the only amount we will refund is the actual cost of the tour.
Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.