English 中文 Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 Português Русский Español|
CONTACT Toll free 1 800 724 7767 (USA) 435 658 2227 Email International phone numbers
Grand Canyon Tour: One day South Rim bus tour
Tour scheduled to run on blue dates.
Day 1 - Las Vegas to Hoover Dam - 33 mi / 53.1 km - About 45 minutes
|We'll leave the bright lights of Vegas in the rear view mirror as we depart town. The route to the Grand Canyon takes us past both Lake Mead and Hoover Dam.|
Day 1 - Hoover Dam
| ||A new bridge has been built, bypassing Hoover Dam. Because of this most tours now do not stop to take pictures of the Dam.|
Day 1 - Hoover Dam to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon - 244 mi / 392.6 km - About 3 3/4 hours
|Leaving Hoover Dam we travel through the desert, before arriving in the small Arizona town of Kingman, where we pick up the freeway towards the Grand Canyon. At Williams, Arizona, we head north for about 50 miles (80 kilometres), towards the South Rim.|
Day 1 - Grand Canyon - About three hours
| ||The first major stop at the Grand Canyon is at Mather Point (the deepest part of the Canyon), from where you can also stroll to the Visitor Center. Yavapai Point (the widest part of the Canyon) has been closed to big bus traffic, but if you choose to walk, you can check it out. |
The coach will continue on to Bright Angel Lodge, where you can gaze out over the Canyon, enjoying the spectacular views. There is plenty to see and do, including walking around the rim, taking photographs, visiting the museum and simply admiring the incredible views.
There are buildings of historical significance here, particularly those designed by Mary Colter, who conceived so many of the great National Parks buildings of the early 20th Century. It is only a short walk to Hopi House, the Indian Art Museum and gift shop. A light lunch is provided at the Grand Canyon.
| ||While at the Canyon you can take an optional 25 to 30 minute helicopter tour of the Canyon. This can be ordered at check out.|
Day 1 - Grand Canyon to Las Vegas - About 5 hours, 30 minutes
|The coach heads south out of the Grand Canyon, and at the small town of Williams picks up the freeway going west. There is a short comfort stop in Kingman, in the middle of the desert, before traveling north, towards Hoover Dam.|
It is a relatively short drive from Hoover Dam to Las Vegas where drop offs take place at most Strip hotels.
| ||We regret that no cancellations or changes will be accepted, and no refunds will be given.|
|Available Options ||Grand Canyon helicopter tour: +$265|
|Tour ID ||1153|
Please note the following...
- Payment And Cancellation Details: CANCELLATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS TOUR. Changes will also not be accepted, and refunds will not be given. Please consider purchasing trip insurance as our cancellation policy is strictly enforced. Your card will be charged within 12 hours of making the booking. The credit/debit card used must be in your name and must be present, so we can take an imprint. Please contact us if this is not possible. Please ensure you have the card you used with you. If the card is not in your name please let us know ahead of time, as our credit card authorization process will need to be completed.
- A light lunch is provided.
- Depending on your hotel you will be picked up in between about 6.00 a.m. and 6.15 a.m. Traffic permitting, you should return back to Las Vegas about 13 hours after you left.
- Pick ups take place at Strip properties, and one central downtown location.
- The vehicle is almost always a large coach, but smaller vehicles are occasionally used.
- The Grand Canyon entry fee is included. There are no taxes.
- All times are approximate. We are not responsible for the consequences of any delays, and this itinerary may change without notice.
- This tour runs every day.
- After booking please wait for our email confirmation prior to making lodging or air bookings.
- It happens very rarely, but it is possible that bad weather, dangerous conditions or some other unforeseen event may result in the cancellation or postponement of this tour. Should this occur, the only amount that will be refunded is the actual cost of the tour.
This tour can be ordered online here. Please call us at 1 800 724 7767 or (USA) 435 658 2227, or mail us for additional information.